Guitar

My father used to play guitar for me. There are reel to reel recordings he made of my brothers and sisters singing along with him while he played. Probably due to my father's influence, I have always wanted to learn to play. So I started learning in my late 30's. The 1st song my firstborn ever heard was happy birthday as played by me on the guitar in our labor and delivery room. I found this tab on the internet and learned to play it in a few minutes...

e|------------------------------3-0--------1-1-0-------
B|---------1-0---------3-1----------1-0----------1-3-1-
G|-0-0-2-0-----0-0-2-0------0-0---------2--------------
D|-----------------------------------------------------
A|-----------------------------------------------------
E|-----------------------------------------------------

Is it simplistic? I guess so. Was it sweet? I guess so, again. Now, my father's song was cut short when he was 40 (I was 7) and I didn't have any children until I was 40, so my children will not be able to sing along with Grandpa. Well, they should be able to sing along with someone and I guess I'm going to try and be the one.

For those of you who don't know what tab is, look here.